With a 70 year history, AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and Africa. AVI manages the Australian Volunteers Program (www.australianvolunteers.com), on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The aim of the program is to support partner organisations achieve their development goals through the provision of skilled Australians.
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program works with partner organisations across 26 countries in the Indo-Pacific region, to support them to achieve their own development goals.
The Innovation Fund’s goal is to identify, develop and pilot new ideas and solutions with the potential to make a significant contribution to one or more of the key outcomes of the Australian Volunteers Program. We work closely with our innovation partner, The Australian Centre for Social Innovation.
If successful, you will join a friendly and dynamic team and lead major workstreams or projects within the Innovation Fund’s portfolio of innovation opportunities, including exploring alternative models and approaches to volunteering in development and the enhancement of the program’s existing approaches to volunteering. The Lead translates concepts into a strategic plan, establishes and manages cross-program teams, collaborates and negotiates their integration with other program activities and contributes to building program capabilities for innovation.
This role will suit you if you like thinking about the big picture, building new things and making new connections. It is a fast-paced role, and so we need people who are creative, flexible, and comfortable working in an ambiguous or uncertain space.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Development, Program/Project Management,
- International Development/International Relations, Social Innovation or equivalent experience
- Experience in the end-to-end development and ongoing management of new programs or initiatives, preferably within the international development or volunteering sectors
- Demonstrated experience in program/project innovation, design research, change management or evaluation
- Experiencing leading a multi-disciplinary team to achieve business objectives where no direct reporting relationship exists
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunity/Inclusive practice, Workplace Health & Safety, Privacy and Child Protection principles and practices
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Fiona McDonald
Applications close: at 11pm AEST on 26th September 2021
For any queries on this position please contact email@example.com.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.