Operations Support Manager
Lead delivery of operational support for the Australian Volunteers Program - one of DFAT’s flagship programs. FT to 30 June 2022 (likely extension)
With a 70 year history, AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and Africa. AVI manages the Australian Volunteers Program (www.australianvolunteers.com), on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The aim of the program is to support partner organisations achieve their development goals through the provision of skilled Australians.
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program works with partner organisations across 26 countries in the Indo-Pacific region, to support them to achieve their own development goals.
- Support the delivery of DFAT’s flagship Australian Volunteers Program
- Join an international team spanning 27 countries
- Full time opportunity to 30 June 2022 with likely extension
Lead the delivery of effective and efficient operational support for the Australian Volunteers Program – one of DFAT’s flagship programs.
This role is for you if you have experience in the development assistance sector, and delivering efficient and effective operational support across large, global, multi-disciplinary teams..
As part of Australian Volunteers Program team, you will:
- Lead and manage a team responsible for providing operational support across the Australian Volunteers Program.
- Implement effective systems, processes and approaches across the program to ensure smooth delivery of this high performing program, including operationalising new volunteering modalities as they are developed.
- Oversee the program’s approach to safeguarding (child protection, prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment, and environmental and social safeguarding).
- Work closely with our overseas teams across 27 different countries, including Australia.
The role is full time, based in AVI’s Melbourne Head Office and will report to the Deputy Program Director, Australian Volunteers Program. We can offer a maximum term contract to 30 June 2022 with a likely extension.
To be successful, you will have:
- Extensive experience in program management or operations support, preferably on international development assistance / donor funded programs.
- DFAT experience is highly regarded and experience in the international development assistance sector is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing effective processes and systems, including document management systems.
- Experience in overseeing an effective approach to safeguarding issues, including child protection and the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team to deliver efficient and effective operational support.
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Effective, clear communication skills and excellent people skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a collaborative team.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive experience program management/operations support is required.
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Fiona McDonald People and Culture Manager.
Applications Close: 30 September 2021 COB
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks.