People and Culture Business Partner
We are looking for our next People and Culture superstar!
- Join a purpose driven NFP organisation
- Full time contract opportunity to 30 June 2022
- Work in Fitzroy – great coffee culture!
This role is for you if you are a creative, positive, and hard-working People and Culture professional who lives and breathes delivering great customer service to our teams locally and internationally. Perhaps you are a seasoned HR Coordinator or Advisor ready for their next step, or a Business Partner ready for a change and a challenge.
With a 70 year history, AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and Africa. AVI is currently the managing contractor of the Australian Volunteers Program (www.australianvolunteers.com), on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The aim of the program is to support partner organisations achieve their development goals through the provision of skilled Australians.
As part of AVI and the Australian Volunteers Program team, you will wear many hats and you will be a true generalist. No two days will be the same. This position will report to the head of People and Culture, and you will be responsible for recruitment, selection and on boarding of new program team members. You will also provide administrative, employee relations, and learning development activities. You will have the opportunity to create connections with our overseas teams across 27 different countries, including Australia. Most importantly, you will help organise and create solid processes and foundations to help support the organisation to thrive.
This role is full time, based in AVI’s Melbourne Head Office. We can offer a max term contract to 30 June 2022 with a possible view to extend.
If reading this make you say ‘This is for me’ then in addition:
- You have worked in cross cultural environments,
- You have worked in development assistance (preferable but not essential)
- You’re enthusiastic for organising information and creating great processes
- You’re an effective, clear communicator with great people skills
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver to deadlines. You have excellent time management skills and can juggle multiple tasks while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges, and questions
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a collaborative, close knit team of two
- You’re really focused on getting the detail right and you don’t let things slip through the cracks
- You are tech savvy when it comes to HRIS systems and on-line platforms (ELMO preferred but not essential)
- You have tertiary qualifications and 4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- You have sound understanding of the Fair Work Act and National Employment Standards and the ability to research International Labour Laws
This role is not for you if:
- You have no sense of humour
- You like routine, structured environments
- You don’t want to roll your sleeves up and be hands on and get your hands dirty!
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Fiona McDonald People and Culture Manager.
Applications Close: 12pm 13 August 2021
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks