- Melbourne location
- Salary packaging options available (conditions apply)
- Full-time, maximum term role until June 2022
Applications Close: 12pm Thursday 29 July 2021
Contact Email: Careers@avi.org.au
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. Through the Australian Volunteers Program, Australians contribute to developing the capacity of people, organisations and communities overseas. Volunteer assignments, in-country and remote, help to create enduring links between Australians and people and organisations in partner countries.
The Editor and Content Producer will contribute to communicating the impact of the Australian Volunteers Program through the stories of volunteers and our overseas partners. The role will also work closely with the program’s monitoring and evaluation unit, writing and editing research material, reports and stories, and producing visual content (infographics /graphics).
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Exceptional written skills, including highly refined editing and proof-reading skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in producing written material for a range of audiences, including writing for social media, reports and web articles.
- Strong interviewing skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experienced in editing and synthesising technical reports to present information in a clear and engaging way.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with technical experts, particularly monitoring and evaluation specialists.
- Highly developed analysis and reporting skills.
- Experience in international development is desirable.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as communications, journalism, professional writing and editing, or equivalent experience. For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Stella Vovos at email@example.com.
Applications close at 12pm Thursday 29 July 2021
For any queries on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.