- 3x Full-Time roles available! (0.8 FTE will also be considered)
- Maximum Term Contract opportunities to 30 June 2022, with possibility of extension
- Very central Fitzroy Location!
Applications Close: 12pm Monday 26 July 2021
Contact Email: Careers@avi.org.au
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program works with partner organisations across 26 countries in the Indo-Pacific region, to support them to achieve their own development goals.
The Partnerships & Innovation team actively explore new ways of working, new forms of volunteering and mutually beneficial collaboration:
- by establishing and coordinating partnerships and networks between Australian organisations and the 600 international partner organisations
- through our Innovation Fund, which identifies, develops and pilots new ideas and solutions to increase the impact of the program
If successful, you will join a friendly and dynamic team to work with diverse program stakeholders and partners to coordinate the design and delivery of volunteering model prototypes or partnerships, transforming them from early design ideas to live activities, by building and documenting new processes; working closely with teams across the program to coordinate delivery; and, coordinating collaborative, supported networks of volunteers, partners and program staff.
This role will suit you if you like building new things and making new connections. It is a fast-paced role, and so we need people who are creative, flexible, and comfortable working in an ambiguous or uncertain space.
There are three roles available; initially, one role will focus on supporting partnerships with Australian organisations (reporting to the Partnerships Lead) and two will focus on supporting the Innovation Fund’s activities (reporting to the Innovation Fund Manager)
The partnerships-focused role will support the management of the current partner portfolio and onboarding new partners identified in Australia or by our in-country teams.
The innovation-focused roles will coordinate the exploration of solutions to innovation needs, or delivery of new volunteering models, and collaborate with and support with teams across the program, working closely with our innovation partner, The Australian Centre for Social Innovation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
- Relevant post-secondary or tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
- Strong project documentation and administration experience; experience in volunteer administration or international deployment (desirable)
- Understanding of and experience operating in an International Development context
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative relationships in a cross-cultural context
- Understanding of, or experience in, partnerships, innovation, human-centred design, design research or evaluation (desirable)
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunity/Inclusive practice, Workplace Health & Safety, Privacy and Child Protection principles and practices
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter that addresses your motivation for applying, indicate your preference for an innovation or partnership focused role if you have a preference. Please also submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 12pm Monday 26 July 2021
For any queries on this position please contact email@example.com.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.