Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Applications Close: Monday 5 July 2021 17:00 Sri Lanka Time
Contact Email: Careers@avi.org.au
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program supports highly skilled Australian volunteers on in-country and remote assignments overseas. These assignments are designed to sustainably build the capacity of people, organisations, communities and institutions. Through meaningful volunteer assignments, the program creates enduring links between Australians and people and organisations in partner countries.
We are currently looking for a full-time Program Manager to oversee the total operations of the Australian Volunteers program in Sri Lanka on a fixed term basis until 30 June 2022, with the possibility of extension. The role contributes to program development, partner organisation identification, engagement and development, and ensures that volunteers receive high quality and responsive support throughout the duration of their deployment.
The successful applicant will possess inter alia the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated program management experience, including operational program planning, risk and critical incident management, program implementation and monitoring
- Skills in capacity development and partnership engagement
- Experience working within an international government or multi-lateral funding environment coupled with an understanding of Public Diplomacy principles
- Previous staff management experience, and provision of pastoral care and wellbeing support around sensitive issues
- A high level of cross-cultural awareness and demonstrated experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of international development issues and challenges
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please note that this role is based in our Colombo office and is only open to Sri Lankan nationals.
To Apply, please submit a current CV/resume and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria listed above (see dot points) to us on email at email@example.com
Applications close at 17h00 Sri Lanka time on Monday 5 July 2021.
For any enquiries about the position or a full position description, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.