- Seeking a dedicated Alumni Manager to support the Australian Volunteers Program volunteer alumni program!
- Salary packaging options available (conditions apply)
- Full-time, Maximum term role until 30 June 2022, with possibility of extension
Applications Close: 12pm AEST Tuesday 22 June 2021
Contact Email: Careers@avi.org.au
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program sends Australian volunteers on assignments overseas that are designed to develop the capacity of people, organisations, communities and institutions. Through meaningful volunteer assignments, the program creates enduring links between Australians and people and organisations in partner countries.
If you have experience in running engaging alumni programs, this role may suit you!
We currently have an opportunity for an Alumni Manager to join us to support the delivery of the Returned Australian Volunteer Network. This role, part of the Public Diplomacy team, will be located at our brand-new office in Fitzroy! (Currently WFH as part of current COVID-19 requirements).
The Alumni Manager will contribute to the update, and lead the implementation, of the Returned Australian Volunteer Network (RAVN) strategy. The Alumni Manager will support and engage volunteer alumni, manage volunteer RAVN Representatives and build the network’s professional and personal development offerings, while supporting broader program objectives throughout the Australian Volunteers Program.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Strong experience in the design and management of alumni or membership-based programs, including design of outreach, engagement and professional development strategies and approaches
- Experience in strategy implementation and the management of multiple activities to ensure strategy ambitions are met
- Experience in managing diverse stakeholders and remote teams, as well as staff and supplier inputs to enable project delivery
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering online and in-person events to engage a range of stakeholders
- Creativity and innovation, including the ability to deliver high quality programs within a resource limited environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications, Media/Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Experience working or volunteering in international development roles is desired.
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the role and a current resume to Stella Vovos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 12pm AEST Tuesday 22 June 2021
For any queries on this position please contact email@example.com.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.