- Take a lead role in GEDSI (gender equality, disability inclusion and social inclusion).
- Full time maximum-term contract with view to extend
- Based in Fitzroy, Melbourne
Applications Close: Friday 11 June 2021 COB
Contact Email: email@example.com
With a 70-year history, AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and southern Africa. Through the Australian Volunteers Program, we send skilled Australians overseas to support partner organisations in achieving their development goals. AVI believes in self-determination with locally owned and led change. We work for a peaceful, sustainable, and just world by partnering with people and organisations to share skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve the positive change they seek.
The GEDSI Manager will provide strategic leadership, advice, and operational support to ensure that inclusion and diversity principles and practices are embedded across all aspects of AVI, with particular focus on the Australian Volunteers Program.
Our key GEDSI priorities include disability inclusion, indigenous inclusion, inclusion of people with diverse SOGIESC and gender equality.
In particular, you will work towards ensuring the Australian Volunteers Program is inclusive and accessible to a broad range of skilled Australians and you will incorporate diversity and inclusion practices across the Program to have a sustainable impact.
You will provide advice and support to the whole organisation to ensure organisational leadership, procedures and practices support AVI’s Gender Equality Policy, RAP Commitments, and diversity and inclusion objectives.
This role will lead a team of three direct reports, is full time and initially on a max term contract to 30 June 2022 with the view to extend.
If you are strategic and enjoy making a difference in Diversity and Inclusion this role may be for you!
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Proven track record in strategic thinking, planning and implementation of complex GEDSI related strategies and policies.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement excellent GEDSI practice across organisations and/or projects.
- Ability to positively apply inclusive and diversity initiatives on development assistance projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to adapt and work with different teams with varying degrees of understanding of inclusion and diversity.
- Ability to provide thoughtful and thorough analysis and recommendations to resolve difficult diversity issues. Energetic and motivated, proactive, with innovative ways to achieve results.
- A tertiary degree in international development, diveristy and inclusion, or community services and/or five years relevant experience would be required for this role.
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter and current resume to Fiona McDonald via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at Friday 11 June 2021 COB
For any queries about the position, please contact us via email
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks.