- Key Regional Leadership role in the Australian Volunteers Program
- Full Time Maximum-term contract until 30 June 2022, with a possibility of an extension
- Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands
Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Applications Close: 12 pm Friday 28 May 2021
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVI manages the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and in a consortium with Cardno and Alinea Whitelum. The Australian Volunteers Program matches a broad range of skilled Australians with partner organisations in the Indo-Pacific region, to support them to achieve their own development goals. The program is part of DFAT’s people-to-people program portfolio, connecting Australians to Australia’s aid program and the Indo-Pacific region.
We have a rare opening to join the program leadership team as the Regional Director of Solomon Islands, Kiribati, and Vanuatu, located in Honiara, Solomon Islands.
A key role on the Australian Volunteers Program, the Regional Director (RD) is responsible for the delivery of the program across these countries, ensuring high quality outcomes across program implementation, partnership development and public diplomacy. The role will be expected to form strong working relationships with DFAT Posts in all countries within the region.
As a Regional Director, you will lead a team of passionate individuals located in Solomon Islands, Kiribati and Vanuatu. We currently have this role available on a full-time basis and maximum term duration to 30 June 2022, and we wish to send the successful candidate to Honiara, if not already located In-Country, as soon as practicable.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship management skills, including an ability to influence and negotiate with high level stakeholders (e.g. DFAT Posts) to support high quality, cost effective delivery of the Australian Volunteers Program
- High level strategic program management experience, including strategic and operational program planning, program implementation, risk management, financial management, reporting and program monitoring and evaluation
- Experience delivering results in a regional program management capacity, including demonstrated ability to coordinate and delivery quality program outputs across multiple countries
- Significant experience in a leadership role, including an understanding of the challenges associated with leading and motivating a geographically dispersed team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar role
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
If you have any questions or would like further information on this opening, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
To Apply: Please direct your application (Cover letter and Current Resume) to Stella Vovos, People and Culture Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 12pm Friday 28 May 2021.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks.