Ready for an adventure? Join us as a Recruiter on the Australian Volunteers Program!
- Key Recruitment role on the Australian Volunteers Program
- Full Time Maximum-term contract until 30 June 2022
- Based in Fitzroy, Melbourne
Applications Close: 12pm Thursday 22 April 2021
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program sends skilled Australian volunteers on assignments in over 25 countries to work alongside organisations to sustainably build the capacity of people, organisations and communities.
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Recruitment Coordinator has opened up to join us on the Australian Volunteers Program at our brand new office located in Fitzroy!
This role is responsible for recruiting suitable volunteer applicants, alongside the In-Country Recruitment Officers, to overseas placements and assignments based on their skills and expertise. Additionally, the role will perform a host of end-to-end recruitment activities that promote the program and encourage potential candidates to apply.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or similar and/or equivalent experience in recruitment (desirable if experience is in recruiting volunteers or an international development context)
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of a range of recruitment strategies and processes
- Working with recruitment database and handling volume recruitment
- Demonstrated expertise or knowledge in recruiting candidates in at least two of the following occupational sectors – Law, Media / Communications, Community Development, Social Development, Human Resource Management, Health, Education, Engineering, skilled trades, Finance, Management
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues related to cross-cultural placements, preferably achieved through living and/or working in such an environment
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
We will start interviewing as applications are coming through. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
Please submit a cover letter and current resume to Stella Vovos via email: email@example.com
Applications close at 12pm Thursday 22 April 2021 – For any queries about the position, please contact us via email
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks.