- Paid panel member position (Sitting fee and travel to meetings)
- 12-month term (Contractor arrangement)
- Applications welcome from across Australia.
The Australian Volunteers Program is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, to join the recently established Indigenous Volunteer Support and Advisory Panel. This role will provide the opportunity to contribute to Indigenous participation in skilled international volunteering, as part of the Australia’s aid and development program.
The Australian Volunteers Program matches a broad range of skilled Australians with partner organisations across 26 countries, to support these organisations to achieve their own development goals. International volunteering is a powerful opportunity to share skills and learn new perspectives while connecting with another culture and we are passionate about supporting Indigenous Australians to volunteer, by providing culturally safe, flexible and tailored support.
The Indigenous Volunteer Support and Advisory Panel meets quarterly, to advise the Program broadly on Indigenous engagement and issues relevant to Indigenous targeted programs, as well as providing guidance and support to Indigenous volunteers.
Who we are looking for:
The panel requires diversity of membership, skills and backgrounds to enable it to meet the dual advisory objectives of supporting the Program and volunteers. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people with a variety of skills and experience. Broadly we are seeking:
- People who understand the value of volunteering
- People with experience working on Indigenous-led or targeted projects, who can think strategically
- People with the energy and passion to motivate others and provide guidance and mentoring in a culturally appropriate way
- People who understand the barriers, challenges and responsibilities Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people may face.
The Indigenous Volunteer Support and Advisory Panel Terms of Reference, can be viewed here.
Expression of interest procedure:
Please submit a current resume and cover letter, addressing how your skills and experience would be suited to the role of panel member.
Expressions of interest and all enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close 11:59pm 9 May 2021.
* Please be advised that this is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated role, classified under ‘special measures’ of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.