February 19, 2020
This submission reflects AVI’s long engagement in the Asia Pacific region and highlights that now more than ever, we must prioritise the importance of people-to-people links and quality relationships in our bilateral engagements.
It outlines the current problems faced by modern society in our region and breaks down what must be done to build a robust, successful and most importantly, sustainable new development policy.
Download the submission below to learn why, for development to be effective, we must focus on:
- Supporting, not driving change;
- The quality of our relationships;
- Long-term, responsive engagement;
- International Australian volunteers; and
- Utilising local expertise.