Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join a purpose driven NFP organisation
- Part time fixed term opportunity
- Work in Fitzroy – great coffee culture!
This role is for you if you are a creative, positive, and hard-working People and Culture professional who lives and breathes delivering great customer service to our teams locally and internationally.
With a 70 year history, AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and Africa. Through the Australian Volunteers Program we send skilled Australians overseas to support partner organisations achieve their development goals. AVI believes in self-determination with locally owned and led change. We work for a peaceful, sustainable, and just world by partnering with people and organisations to share skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve the positive change they seek.
As part of our team, you will wear many hats and you will be a true generalist. This position will report to the head of People and Culture and be responsible for driving recruitment, administrative, employee relations and learning and development activities. No two days will be the same and you will have the opportunity to create connections with our overseas teams across 27 different countries. Most importantly, you will help organise and create solid processes and foundations for the people and culture team to thrive.
This role is part time and initially on a max term contract to 30 June 2021 with the view to extend. Ideally we would like support from Monday to Friday up to 25 hours a week.
If reading this make you say ‘This is for me’ then in addition:
- You’re enthusiastic for organising information and creating great processes
- You’re an effective, clear communicator with great people skills
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver to deadlines
- You have excellent time management skills and can juggle multiple tasks while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges, and questions
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a collaborative, close knit team of two
- You’re really focused on getting the detail right and you don’t let things slip through the cracks
- You are tech savvy when it comes to HRIS systems and on line platforms
- You have tertiary qualifications and 2+ years experience in Human Resources
- You have sound understanding of the Fair Work Act and National Employment Standards and the ability to research International Labour Laws
This role is not for you if:
- You have no sense of humour
- You like routine, structured environments
- You don’t want to roll your sleeves up and be hands on
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Fiona McDonald People and Culture Manager, via email at Careers@avi.org.au with the subject line People and Culture Coordinator
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
AVI is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include police/criminal record checks