We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development professional to make an impact on the experience of skilled volunteers!
Location: Melbourne & Work From Home!
Applications Close: Thursday 24 September 2020 11:59pm AEST
Contact Email: Careers@avi.org.au
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Volunteers Program sends skilled Australian volunteers on assignments overseas that are designed to develop the capacity of people, organisations, communities and institutions. Through meaningful volunteer assignments, the program creates enduring links between Australians and people and organisations in partner countries.
To continue assisting partner organisations overseas to achieve their development goals, the Learning and Development Coordinator will work closely with teams and vendors to design, develop and deliver innovative and engaging face-to-face and online training programs and resources to support volunteering remotely from Australia.
This is a part time (0.6 FTE/3 days per week) maximum term role until March 2021 based in Fitzroy, Melbourne with Work from Home arrangements in place in light of COVID-19.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in learning and development/education/international development and/or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of and experience with the end-to-end journey for volunteers developing capacity for overseas partners
- Experience with database management (Salesforce, desirable)
- Experience with video-conferencing systems (Zoom, desirable)
- Exposure to Learning Management System administration (Moodle, highly regarded)
- Knowledge and experience with customer and administrative service provision in a professional, and preferably global, context
3 years + experience in:
- Facilitating and supporting learning events in a virtual (internet-based) environment and associated planning, organisation, logistics and administration
- Online instructional design, particularly SCORM creation (Articulate and Rise experience, highly regarded)
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Description here.
For other enquiries about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume to Stella Vovos at email@example.com.
Applications close Thursday 24 September 2020 11:59pm AEST.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.