Location: AVI Melbourne
Applications Close: 9.00 am Wednesday 2 September 2020
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For almost 70 years, AVI (formerly known as Australian Volunteers International) has brought people together to share skills and knowledge, assisting in the building of locally-driven capacity where it’s needed most – in people, organisations and systems. AVI focuses on supporting the development process, not driving it, ensuring the change is truly fit for purpose and sustainable. A key plank of the organisation’s work remains the facilitating of Australian professionals to work in partnership, on locally driven assignments in Asia, Africa and the Indo-Pacific.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible for a $40million budget, leading a 150 strong team of passionate professionals across 26 countries delivering a range of programs. The role provides vital people and strategic leadership and has oversight of daily operations and budget management. Maintaining a strong, positive and supportive workplace culture, ensuring organisational sustainability and maintaining high-level relationships with government, donors, partner agencies and supporters are also key aspects of the role.
To be considered for the position, candidates need to be proven leaders with solid business skills and a commitment to the organisation’s values of Equity and Social Justice, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Partnership, Solidarity and Respect.
Key attributes include:
- A strong people orientation and collaborative leadership style, with experience leading and motivating highly skilled, committed, professional teams, preferably in an international environment.
- A track record building effective relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders including partners both in Australia and internationally.
- Experience developing, delivering, and monitoring business and strategic plans with clear measurable outcomes.
- High level financial management skills and commercial acumen with previous success in business development and diversifying funding sources in challenging, competitive markets.
- Deep understanding of governance principles and previous experience working to an engaged Board.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, influencing and advocacy skills.
Significant experience in international development would be viewed favourably.
To obtain a position description and instructions on how to apply
please email email@example.com
Applications close 9.00am AEST Wednesday 2nd September 2020