What we value
- Locally driven change: because we know that better development outcomes occur when local communities, governments and organisations identify the challenges and drive and own the solutions.
- Mutual value: because we’ve been seeing the value flow in every direction for more than 65 years between people, communities, organisations, and with our government and corporate partners.
- Shared expertise: because attracting and connecting people to people through skills and expertise is the cornerstone of our development approach.
- High-quality experiences: because we want Australians and individuals in every country to report positively about the work that they do, the people they meet and the places they encounter.
- Responsive service provision: because the care and support of people throughout the entire process as they live and work together in different places is critical to development outcomes.
- Innovative partnerships: AVI’s approach seizes opportunities to work together and achieve outcomes that no one partner could achieve on their own.
- Personal pride in our work: AVI employees are committed, passionate advocates of a more equitable world.